What is the Pomodoro Technique?
It is a time management method created by Francesco Cirillo in the 1980s that helps you accomplish what you want to do by transforming time into a valuable ally. Why is it so popular? Because it is easy to use, and most of all, because it works!
Are you making the most of your Pomodoro?
While going through the many personal experiences that Pomodoro Users share on Pomodoro World, we noticed that the majority of experiences that people have refer to managing breaks, cutting down on interruptions, and completing tasks.
While all of these achievements are excellent, they only refer to Objectives One and Two of the Pomodoro Technique. The Pomodoro Technique's potential is actually much greater!
The goal of the technique is to help those who use it to develop a pleasant way to systematically observe, track and evaluate their time and be able to make self-improvements.
The Pomodoro Technique includes six objectives in total that you can work towards! (Note: These are covered in detail in the Pomodoro Technique book).
The technique's method is based on incremental objectives: five defined by the technique and the last one open to personal areas of improvement.
And when you think that you are ready, you can even certify yourself as a Pomodoro Master!
Which Objectives have you achieved with the Pomodoro Technique®?
- Have you ever tried predicting the time and effort that an activity requires and recorded it? (Objective 3)
- Have you tried combining activities from the Activity Inventory until they add up to one Pomodoro of effort? (Objective 3)
- Are you optimizing your activities in Pomodoros? (Objective 3)
- Have you tried using the first few minutes or the last few minutes of the Pomodoro to review what you have done, maybe even out loud? (Objective 4)
- Have you ever found that revising and repeating activities is more effective if you do if out loud or with a partner, as it facilitates the acquisition of new information? (Objective 4)
- Have you ever set up a timetable and used it alongside your Pomodoro? (Objective 5)
- Have you ever tried using the Pomodoro in order to achieve your own personal improvement objective? (Objective 6)
Would you like to have more information?